- Government Group : Fitri Handayani
- Opposition Group : Cucu Nuraida
Pipo Amhirra Febrian
Asian Parliamentary Debate
There two opposing teams in an Asians format of debate:
1. Government side- proposes and defends the motion;
2. Opposition side- refute and negates the motion.
Each side is composed of three members.
The Members of the government side are the following:
1. Prime minister (PM)- opens the debate, defines the motion and advances arguments;
2. Deputy prime Minister(DPM)- refute at first instance the case of the opposition, re-establish the government’s claim, and advances arguments;
3. Government whip(GW)- makes an issue-based rebuttal of the opposition’s case and summarizes the case of the government.
The Members of the Opposition side are the following:
1. Leader of the Opposition(LO)- responds directly to the case of the government by giving a direct clash, and advances arguments. May challenge the motion if the definition is challengeable;
2. Deputy Leader of the Opposition(DPL)- refutes the case of the DPM, reestablishes the case of the opposition, and advances an argument;
3. Opposition Whip (OW)- makes an issues-based rebuttal of the government’s and summarizes the case of the opposition.
Time of Speeches:
Each speaker is allocated seven minutes to deliver their constructive speeches. One speaker from each side (For the Government:PM/DPM, for Opposition:LO/DLO) is given four minutes to deliver a reply speech. The speakers will be speaking in the following order:
1. Prime Minister
2. Leader of the opposition
3. Deputy Prime Minister
4. Deputy Leader of the Opposition
5. Government Whip
6. Opposition whip
7. Opposition Reply
8. Government Reply
During the constructive speeches, Point of Information (POI) may be raised by the opposing side after the first minute up to the sixth minute. POI may be refused or accepted by Read the rest of this entry »